This course covers the coaching standard: 1.1.1. Coach is calm, present, and emotionally available.
In this online, on-demand course, we review the 6 ways in which a coach can prepare for a coaching session.
Course Description: This course is a great refresher for coaches on the importance of setting the stage for a calm coaching environment and session.
This course also includes strategies for helping your clients become present.
NBHWC Core competency area: Content Area 1: Coaching Structure
Course Delivery: This is an online self-paced course. Upon enrollment, you will have access to all the materials and can complete the content at your own pace. You have 365 days to complete the course from the day of enrollment.
Instructor: Dawn Mazur, NBC-HWC, Founder and Director of Expert Coach Center.
Audience: This course is designed for Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, students will be able to
- describe how to prepare for a coaching session to become calm and present for their client.
- perform a space assessment and create a space that is free from distractions.
- describe strategies on how to handle tough coaching situations in which a coach must help a client remain calm and present.
Course completion requirements:
- Must watch all videos
- Must complete all discussion posts
- Must upload completed workbook - this is your course assessment
Assessments - Students will create a personal plan for how they will prepare for a coaching session. This includes what they will do to get in the right mindset, how they will create a space free from distractions, and how to handle tough coaching situations in which a coach must help a client remain calm and present.
Course Language: English
- Module 1: Being Present
- Module 2: How to Minimize Distractions
- Module 3: Plan to Prepare
- Module 4: Set your Attention
- Module 5: Daily Practice
- Module 6: Emotional Self-Care, especially for Nurse Coaches